To evaluate and analyze regulations, policies and plans related to the environment which bear on companies, investment and the FTA with the United States.
To contribute to the creation of opportunities derived from corporate environmental management and to promote the exchange of experiences between companies.
Mr. Luis Fernando Macías
Socio Macías Gómez Attorneys & Associates.
- New environmental management structure: Ministry of Environment, Sustainable Development and Environmental Licensing Authority.
- Environmental Sanctioning System
- Environmental chapter of the FTA with the United States.
Accomplishments in 2011
- Meeting with Government officials (February)
Subject: Projects of the Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Development.
- Mr. César Buitrago, Directorate of Sustainable Regional Development.
- Mr. Santiago Saavedra, Office of Climate Change Affairs.
- Mr. Mauricio Molano, International Affairs Office.
- Mr. Dorian Muñoz, Directorate of Planning.
- Mrs. Martha Liliana Cediel, Directorate of Ecosystems.
Event held at AmCham Barranquilla and Cartagena (May)
Subject: Update in environmental policy: air quality, sustainable production and consumption, sustainable public procurement and sanctioning system.
- Luis Fernando Macías, Macías Gómez & Associates
Committee Meeting (August)
Subject: Aspects regarding reform of the Penal Code in matters of environmental crimes.
- Alfredo Rodríguez, criminal lawyer.
Subject: National Department of Planning environmental policy
- Mrs. Carolina Urrutia, Deputy Director of sustainable environmental development – DNP.
- Mr. César Rey, Advisor to the Vice-ministry of Environment, Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Development.
- Mr. Ernesto Guhl, Former Vice-minister of Environment.
- Mr. Eduardo Guerrero, Advisor to the High Council for Biodiversity, Office of the President.
Meeting dates are set tentatively and are subject to the schedules of their respective guests. For this reason, the meetings of Research Committees will be confirmed 15 days in advance through an email sent to all members of the Committee.